2004 Cole Camp Fair
A Timeless Tradition
The 2004 Cole Camp Fair Queen contest was held on Sunday evening, August 8 in the L.C. Schnell Auditorium. The ladies that entered this contest are:
- Miss Felicia Nine, sponsored by Cole Camp Pump Service
- Miss Katie Cash, sponsored by Dr. and Mrs. Ken Sullivan Affordable Dental, Heimsoth Brothers Feed and Cole Camp Car Wash
- Miss Sandra Lynnell Essley, sponsored by Kathy's Kountry Kurl
- Miss Sara Schlesselman, sponsored by Elroy and Judie VonHolten
- Miss Jazmin Patino Lucio, sponsored by Taco Villa in Warsaw
Each of these ladies competed in multiple contests with points awarded for each contest. The contests were:
- Individual interview by the judges - 40 points
- Public response to a question based on their entry application information - 10 points
- Talent contest - 40 points
- Evening Gown Competition - 10 points
All of the ladies were excellent and all were winners; however, three of the contestants were choosen to represent Cole Camp at the fair as the 2004 Cole Camp Queen and her two attendants.
Selected from the entries for the Queen and her two attendents are:
- Miss Felicia Nine
- Miss Sara Schlesselman
- Miss Jazmin Lucio
The 2004 Cole Camp Fair Queen will be announced and crowned just before the Grand Parade on Thursday evening.
The following are pictures that were taken during the judging contests for the fair queen:
Stephanie Eaton, 2004 Prairie Jaycees President gave a welcome to all, and introduced the master of cermonies, William Smart.
Each of the contestants introduce themselves to the audience.
The contestants were required to answer one question based on information taken from their entry form. Their answers were all good.
Miss Megan Jasper, the 2003 Cole Camp Fair Queen was introduced, and a little later performed her baton entry to be used as her talent entry for the 2004 Missouri State Fair competition.
Entertainment was provided by Allison Barhenberg with a dance number.
Each contestant performed their selected talent.
Cole Camp Fair Board President, Ron Neuman, welcomes everyone to the Cole Camp Fair, emphasizing the theme of A Timeless Tradition and event changes from prior years. There also was a slight unplanned event - one air conditioner helped it rain inside the building!
The 2003 Future Queen, Hanna Westermier, presented a flower to each of the contestants after their evening gown walk.
The ladies dressed out in their evening gowns
The waiting for the judge's results can take awhile.. And after the wait, the 3 finalists were announced.
Pictures of the Future King and Queen contest, also held August 8th at 1:30 p.m. at the L.C. Schnell Auditorium may be found by selecting here.